For users with massive PM post counts, we have added pagination so older browsers and mobile devices will not crash under the weight of displaying thousands of conversational posts. By default the last page with the most recent posts are displayed with navigation/paging option for previous messages.
On November 14th @12AM US PST (GMT-8) time we will have a short period of about 90 minutes when newly submitted stories may be delayed in appearing in searches and category filters.
Due to timezone differences, some users might be more impacted than others.
We have expanded the coverage of correctly displaying time and dates based a user’s time zone. The upgrade is now site-wide and includes stories and PMs with 100% coverage expected in a few days.
- Correctly displaying the time/date based on user’s timezone.
- Displayed time/date is adaptive/relative to the current time. If a story was published 10 minutes ago, it will show “10m ago” instead of a fixed month and day format.
[Clarification: When a date/time is in the current year, i.e. Nov 11, 2013, the year is not displayed as it is implied. ]
Forum posts/threads will now display the proper time based on your actual timezone. Previously, forum post times are displayed in US PST time only which can result in some confusion due to different time zones.
Note the forums are getting this auto-timezone feature first but once we iron out any imperfections, this feature will be activated everywhere where time or date is displayed.
- Forum topic/thread time-stamps will now display correct time based on user’s timezone.
Introducing new “type” option on search page so users can exclude or find only crossover stories within search results. By default a search will return both regular and crossover story types.
- New type option with search page for users to selectively include/exclude crossover story types.
- Accessibility: improved browser compatibility for login captcha audio. Internet Explorer screen-reader users should upgrade to IE 9 or later.
Category Atom/RSS feeds return for those that like to use feed readers to subscribe to the latest stories.
- Atom/RSS feeds for categories. You can use your mobile browser or feed reader software to subscribe to the relevant feeds.
- Gmail fixed their lolz email bug.
- Updated profanity filter to reduce collateral damage.
- Resolved backlog of story stats caused by downtime.