There will be a 15 to 30 minute downtime tonight sometime between 10pm and 11pm US Pacific time as our network provider upgrades their systems.
Category Archives: network
We have recently received sporadic reports from some having inconsistent browser issues with the login area. Specifically, some users are reporting browser disconnection errors when performing admin actions in the login section.
As result of the haphazard nature of these reports and the random frequency of these events, we need your help to gather more data so we can find a common baseline to form a solution.
If you are experiencing or have experienced the above problem, please comment on this blog post with the following info:
- Exact error displayed by the browser when the error happened.
- Browser used and version. Example, Google Chrome v14.
- Country Location. We highly suspect this to be a network issue from certain countries but we could be wrong .
- The type of internet connection: DSL, Cable Internet, Fiber Internet, Misc Broadband, 4G Mobile, 3G Mobile, or 2G Mobile.
- The name of your internet provider.
With enough data points/responses, we can solve this modern-day mystery.
Our current service provider just suffered an outage. We are working them to help bring everything back to normal. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Update: One of the network routers at the service provider rebooted causing outage for about 5 minutes.
There appeared to be a network routing issue that affected not only FanFiction/FictionPress but also many other sites yesterday. As result, a few select users might have been effected while attempting to visit us. The unknown issue appears to have corrected itself and we are currently investigating the root cause.